Tuesday, June 19, 2007

There's definitely something in there!!

The life of a cat. Why can't she pitch in and clean?


Today is the first day of obvious, consistent baby movement! After a much needed long sleep last night, I woke this morning to vigorous movements by the fetus as I laid partially on my belly. The movement happened a few times at work during the morning when I would have my belly pressed up against a counter. Then after lunch, a co-worker demonstrated craniosacral therapy on me which had me lying on my back and the fetus really started to dance! He/she moved throughout the evening and also while I enjoyed my bath. I can't describe the feeling, just that it's like... well, something inside my belly!





I had a routine prenatal appointment today and I received a clean bill of health by my doctor; normal blood pressure, baby is measuring well and has a good heart beat. Next month I will have more blood tests including testing for gestational diabetes. I can't believe I'm almost at that point already. I mentioned to the doctor that I am extremely tired after work and he said it's important that as soon as I get home to lay on my left side for at least 1 to 2 hours to recuperate and ensure the placenta (baby) is receiving all the blood it needs from me. He said, and these are his exact words, "no cooking or cleaning when you get home. Get right onto the couch or bed and rest". Oh Charles... your culinary skills are required!! Tomorrow is our big ultrasound appointment so hopefully we'll have some good pictures to share.





And if I didn't have enough to worry about... Josey had major dental work on Sunday and it was discovered then that she probably has feline herpesvirus. She has bilateral corneal ulcers and has been having sneezing fits since we moved into the apartment. So, it's antibiotic eye ointment twice a day, an oral antibiotic twice a day and an amino acid supplement twice a day. Do you think she loves me right now?! And just to add more excitement, I returned home this evening to discover that she partially chewed and drained her fentanyl patch (an adhesive patch that delivers a narcotic through her skin, that is not meant to be ingested and can be fatal). I phoned a vet I work with and he said to monitor her closely for respiratory depression/lethargy but more than likely it drained onto the couch/carpet. I wasn't worried as she ate her dinner and ran away from me while I tried to put in her eye ointment. I'm going to bed now so if she chooses to slip into a coma I'll have to deal with her in the morning!

No comments: