Sunday, July 8, 2007






We had an amazing time in Nova Scotia and enjoyed all the precious time we had together. As my vigorous hiking days are put on hold, we did a lot of sightseeing and as much walking as I could muster. We would love to return someday to tackle all the hiking trails with baby! I was pleasantly surprised with Halifax; it is a quaint city with character and of course the harbour front adds to its charm. Charles informed me today, though, that it unfortunately has one of the highest crime rates in Canada. Probably has something to do with all the French living there!! Just kidding, of course.
After 2 weeks of relaxation we are both back to work & reality. After my last rotation I have decided to take my maternity leave as early as possible, which is 12 weeks before my due date. So as of August 13th I am free, free of all the chaos & stress of the crazy vet hospital!! Too many hours on my feet without breaks, late lunches and job hazards are not worth the risk to my health or the baby's.
Now that we are at 23 weeks things are becoming more real. For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling baby move and am starting to enjoy the quiet times I have to share with the baby. Besides the ever present fatigue, I am now enjoying sausage feet! I can no longer fit into any of my shoes and will live in flip-flops from now on.
Charles & I are trying to decide what childbirth classes to take as we have to register soon. I just want to know how to get the job done without drugs and have Charles prepared as much as possible so he doesn't end up on the floor!

No comments: