Saturday, June 9, 2007

18 week update


'4D' image of an 18 week fetus
I personally think these images are creepy & will not be requesting any at our exciting ultrasound visit in just 11 days!! I'll see the baby in 5 months, thank you very much.


Your baby is approximately 6 inches/ 14.2 centimetres long from crown to rump. Her chest moves up and down to mimic breathing but she's not taking in air, only amniotic fluid. Your baby is twice as big as he was last month, but he still weighs only about 225 grams. Meanwhile, most of the weight you've gained is from amniotic fluid, placenta and water retention. Although things may seem calm on the surface, your little one is kicking, flexing, reaching, rolling, and even sucking his thumb now. If you haven't felt him move yet, you will in the next few weeks. His hearing is now functioning and he will be listening to your heartbeat.

I am relaxing after my fourth day of work with just one more to go. It has been very busy and I wish I could have at least two more hours of sleep every night. Poor Charles has been sleeping alone as I have moved to the spare bed with my army of pillows that keep me propped up at night! I need lots of space to spread out & keep cool. The cat even gets booted off the bed now. Geesh, what will August be like?!

I had another morning of icky dry heaving and unfortunately got to work just in time to hear another tech's story of a dog that came in covered in maggots last night. Everyone just looked at me with concern and told the tech to stop for crying out loud, do you want Kim to vomit her bagel?... we had a good laugh.

No comments: