Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bed rest it is...

More of this now!

I had an unfortunately stressful doctors appointment today which requires me to adhere to bed rest until Tuesday. My blood pressure is higher than normal and my doctor is concerned. I went for more blood tests, to check my electrolytes and liver enzymes, and have to return to the doctors on Tuesday for a recheck.

I am to be on the couch or in bed, only to get up to go to the bathroom or get something to eat. Also, all salt & sugar has to be cut from my diet (no Starbucks!). He warned that if my pressure is not back to normal on Tuesday, I will have to leave work effective immediately. Work is really the least of my concerns at the moment.

Thankfully my book order from amazon.ca arrived yesterday, so I'm stocked up and ready to lounge. I think the cat will appreciate having me around. I wish I could teach her to massage my feet for the days Charles is away!

No comments: