Wednesday, May 23, 2007

And so it continues...

I believe I am destined to suffer every pregnancy symptom! For the past couple days my belly has been quite sore and I think this may be why...

As I gain weight with this pregnancy, my lower abdomen aches sometimes. Is this normal?
It's quite typical. This aching, as opposed to cramping, is usually caused by the stretching of the muscles and ligaments supporting your womb (uterus). You'll probably feel it when you're getting up from a bed or chair, when you cough or when you get out of the bath. It may also become a problem when the baby's head engages in the later stages of pregnancy

What can I do to relieve this discomfort?
Sit down, put your feet up and relax. When you feel this aching, resting comfortably should alleviate your symptoms. Don't forget, it's a perfectly normal complaint of pregnancy, and it gives you an excuse to get off your feet -- and even be waited on.

I'll have to make sure Charles reads the last part!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yah YAh! I red it!
Charles