Thursday, May 3, 2007

2nd ultrasound

We had our second ultrasound today for the nuchal translucency test. Baby looked fine measuring in at 7.3cm with a heart rate of 155bpm. It took along time to get the pictures as the baby has to be in a certain position for the test. It was difficult with a full bladder as the technician pressed hard with the probe. I thought I may pee on the table! I won't get results until next Friday when I see my doctor. We didn't get any pictures to take home with us which is a bit disappointing but the technician went over all of baby's body parts with us. We saw 5 fingers on each hand (at one point saw the baby 'wave' at us!), each long leg (2!), the eyes, and if you can believe it the bladder and the brain! Very cool. I am in awe that you can see the brain in such detail in something so small. I was impressed that we could see the little bladder, too. But the brain?! Wow...

No comments: