Friday, April 6, 2007

4 weeks to go

I am counting down the days until I reach my second trimester as the past few days have been the worst for nausea. It seems no matter what I do it is always present. Charles & I walked the last couple days he was here. Though it is good to get fresh air, the nausea was worse with the movement of walking. I'd much rather look sick to my stomach at home in front of the cat than out in public, so I skipped walking yesterday but will try later today.




I can't believe it has been 5 weeks since finding out I was pregnant. It's amazing how time passes so quickly when you do absolutely nothing! Though it was a difficult adjustment to staying at home, I am thankful now for the time to rest and to put things into perspective.

Our fetus at 9 weeks

At week's end, our fetus measures approximately 0.9 inches / 2.3 centimetres long. In both shape and size, it resembles a peapod and weighs less than a tenth of an ounce / 2 grams. The eyelids are fused and won't open until week 27. The wrists are more developed, ankles have formed, and the fingers and toes are clearly visible. Arms are growing longer and bend at the elbows. By week's end, the inner workings of the ears are complete. Though you can't yet identify the sex of the fetus by ultrasound, its genitals have begun to form. By now the placenta has developed enough to support most of the critical job of producing hormones.

Charles had his 29th birthday yesterday! Unfortunately he is working but we will celebrate when he gets home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nausea, nausea, nausea. Sounds familiar. (I didn't use ginger either, so it was good to know I didn't waste my time). Very smart to take some time to rest. Once 12 weeks hits, you should have tons of energy, unless you are having twins and the nausea continues. Twins. Can you imagine? I was told, the older you get, the more likely you are to have two babes. Take care of yourself, and happy b-day to Charles. Happy Easter too.
from The PG Yips.