Monday, March 12, 2007

35 weeks to go!


It's been just 9 days since we found out I was pregnant. Though I have finally accepted the fact that we are having a baby I am still very cautiously excited; it is too early to be picking names & nursery themes. My first prenatal exam is April 11 & I look forward to meeting with the doctor. I think that will make all this seem less surreal.


I have been experiencing symptoms that I always thought a fit person could overcome! I'm tired most of the time, needing afternoon naps, and have intermittent nausea. Yesterday was the worst day so far for nausea. I was up at 3:30am with a bad stomach & it got worse on my morning walk. Thankfully there has not been any vomiting. I find eating every 1 to 2 hours helps prevent some of the nausea.


My first run the other day told me that I will more than likely be power walking throughout my pregnancy. I made it 20 minutes but it wore me out & my breasts were so sore I was almost in tears. I hope to start prenatal yoga and get into the pool soon.


Charles is excited about all that is going on... more so about my new D cup bras! Hee, hee. He naps with me in the afternoons sometimes & listens to all my complaints. We have been enjoying telling our family & friends our good news. I love peoples reactions!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys on the blog....and of course the new bundle of joy you'll be receiving in 35 weeks. I am so excited for you both. I thought this was going to make me an aunt but I've been told that when you're cousins you don't just jump to aunt!!! Take care you both.

Anonymous said...

Why is Josie's head cropped off? Is she no longer part of the family? Is she a second class citizen? Charles better clean the litterbox now because you don't want Toxoplasmosis: that'd be a bitch (imagine the southern drawl).