Tuesday, August 21, 2007

29 week update

Your baby now weighs around 2.5 pounds / 1.1 kilograms and measures about 15 inches / 38 centimetres from head to toe. In boys, testicles descend from near the kidneys through the groin en route to the scrotum. In girls, the clitoris is relatively prominent because it's not yet covered by the still-small labia. These will grow to cover it in the last few weeks before birth. Your baby's head is getting bigger, and brain growth is very rapid at this time. Nearly all babies react to sound by 30 weeks. Your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during the third trimester. You'll need plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, iron, and calcium (about 200 milligrams is deposited in your baby's skeleton every day), so eat foods rich in these nutrients. The skeleton hardens even more and the brain, muscles, and lungs continue to mature.



We are off to Quebec tomorrow after the 'a-okay' from my doctor. Besides my blood pressure being borderline high everything is fine; the baby's heart rate was 148bpm, my fundus height is normal and baby is moving quite a bit. My weight was a shocker but I'm not dwelling on it as I know there's still more to add! Even Charles was surprised. I told him to be careful as I could really smother him while he sleeps, mistaking him for one of my pillows! He wouldn't stand a chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, you look great. Hope all continues to go well in the final stages of your pregnancy. I can't wait to see pics of your bundle of joy!!